Complete Your New York Defensive Driving Online!
New York Defensive Driving is an easy way to get a 10% automobile insurance reduction for 3 years and reduce up to four points on your license.
- 10% Mandatory Car Insurance Discount for 3 Years
- Up to 4 Points Reduced On Your License
- Course is 100% Online
- No Final Exam to Pass
- Fun, Effective & Secure Course for Drivers of All Ages
I Would Like to Learn More About
- New York Defensive Driving
- New York Auto Insurance Reduction
- New York Point Reduction
- The Defensive Driving Course
New York Defensive Driving
The Internet Point and Insurance Reduction Program was developed by the New York DMV to help motorists reduce ticket points and lower their insurance premiums. Successful completion of this defensive driving course entitles you to a mandatory 10% reduction on your vehicle’s liability, no-fault and collision insurance premiums. The insurance reduction continues for 3 years at which point you can take the course again for another 10% reduction for 3 years. In addition to the insurance reduction, the DMV allows drivers who have received points on their driving record within the past 18 months to reduce up to four points off their record by completing this course.
Our New York Defensive Driving Course is designed to teach you safe driving strategies and techniques to reduce the risks and hazards we face while driving. New York traffic laws are also included to help motorists use these strategies and techniques to prevent accidents in the future.
The entire course is available online, which unlike the classroom, gives you the flexibility to complete the course at your own pace. The course can be accessed anywhere with a computer and the internet 24/7.
Whether you are taking this course for the 10% insurance reduction, to remove points off your record, or because you are required to, this NY DMV approved course will help you meet your goal.Register Now
New York Auto Insurance Reduction
Regardless of your age or how many miles you drive, taking our New York Defensive Driver course, like having a safe following distance when driving, is a good call. Completion of this insurance reduction course puts money in your pocket, not the insurance companies.
Our NY insurance reduction course is DMV approved and guarantees that once you have received your course completion certificate, your insurance company is mandated by the state to give you a 10% discount on your liability, no-fault and collision insurance premiums for 3 years. Taking this course saves the average motorist $250. Want to keep the 10% insurance discount? Simply take this course every 3 years.
The classroom is now wherever there is a computer with the internet. You can log in and out of the course as many times as you want with everything you need to get an insurance reduction available online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Taking our course to receive a 10% insurance discount is easy and affordable.
New York Point Reduction
If you have received points on your driving record within the last 18 months, then you should take this defensive driving course. Not only will you get a 10% insurance reduction by completing this DMV approved course, but our online program is also used for traffic ticket point reduction.
So how does it work? To qualify for a reduction of up to four points off your New York driving record, you must have received the points within 18 months before course completion. Points on your record for earlier or future violations are not affected by completing this course. Upon completion of the defensive driving we will notify the New York Department of Motor Vehicles and your information will be entered in their database which automatically reduces your active point total by up to four points.
“Point reduction,” means the DMV will only reduce points from your record. This point reduction program ensures the DMV will not count up to four points on your driving record towards license suspensions or revocations.
Not only can you reduce up to four points off your record but you also get a mandatory 10% off your automobile insurance for the next 3 years. It’s that easy.
About Our Course
Our online defensive driving course is approved by the New York Department of Motor Vehicles to satisfy the requirements of the Insurance Point and Reduction Program (IPIRP). This course allows drivers to reduce up to four points off their driving record and get a mandatory 10% insurance reduction for 3 years.
Our New York Defensive Driving Course at a glance:
- Approved by the New York DMV
- 100% Online
- Saves you 10% on your car insurance for 3 years
- Reduces up to four points off your driving record
- No Final Exam
This online course is easy-to-use, relevant and affordable. Total instruction time is 6 hours due to state requirements and there is no final exam. Designed to be straight-forward, the course consists of 4 modules and upon completion, your certificate is sent directly to you via fist class mail.
Taking this course will give you the benefits of point and insurance reduction as well as providing you with valuable skills to remain safe while driving.
Any questions? Check our frequently asked questions or contact one of our knowledgeable and professional Customer Care Professionals at 1-877-689-0674.
New York Defensive Driving Course Questions
- 1. What is IPIRP?
- IPIRP is the Internet Point and Insurance Reduction Program. The program began as a classroom course known just as PIRP. Now, New York Safety Council has an approved online version that satisfies all of the IPIRP requirements.The course is the same defensive driving course delivered in an online format.
- 2. Does this course qualify for point reduction and insurance premium reduction?
- Yes. This course will allow you to reduce your point total by up to 4 points, depending on when the points were assessed. However, you can take this course regardless of points assessed on your driving record if you would like a car insurance discount for 3 years.
- 3. How do I know I can qualify for point reduction?
- You must have received the violation and points within eighteen months of course completion. Points for earlier violations or future violations will not be affected.
- 4. How long is the online New York Defensive Driving Course?
- This defensive driving course requires a minimum of 6 hours to complete. Unlike the classroom course, you can log on and off and complete the course on your own schedule.
- 5. Do I have to take a test at the end?
- No. This course requires no final exam to get your certificate.
- 6. How do I get my points reduced by taking this defensive driving course?
- Once you complete the course, we will notify the New York DMV. At that point, the completion will be entered on your driving record and it will reduce your active point total by up to four points. Important: "Point reduction" means the DMV will not count up to four points on your driving record toward license revocation or suspension.
- 7. How do I verify my course completion has been noted on my driving record?
- We will be offering a service for you to pull your driving record at a nominal fee. If you need to verify the defensive driving course completion is on your record at this time, you may request a copy of your driving record from the DMV. Click this link for more information and access to the New York DMV form: http://www.safemotorist.com/NewYork/Driving_Records.aspx?language=en
- 8. How do I qualify for insurance premium reduction by taking the defensive driving course?
- We will send you a certificate of completion when you graduate depending on the delivery method you choose. If you present this certificate of completion to your insurance company or agent within 90 days after course completion, your liability and collision premium reduction will begin immediately. This reduction will actually be retroactively applied to the date you completed the course. However, if you present your certificate more than 90 days after course completion, your insurer could issue the premium discount effective from the date presented.
- 9. How often can I take this defensive driving course to reduce my insurance premium?
- You may take the course once every 3 years to keep your insurance discount.