189.2325 Posting of signs advising motorists of increased traffic penalties in state highway work zones.
The secretary of the Transportation Cabinet shall promulgate administrative regulations pursuant to KRS Chapter 13A governing the posting of signs advising motorists that penalties are increased for traffic violations occurring on state-maintained streets or state maintained highways in a highway work zone. The administrative regulations promulgated by the cabinet shall include guidelines to determine which areas are appropriate to the posting of these signs. The guidelines may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The duration of the work on the highway;
- The proximity of workers to moving traffic;
- (3) The existence of any unusual or hazardous conditions;
- (4) The volume of traffic on the highway; and
- (5) Other appropriate factors as determined by the secretary.
Effective: July 15, 1996
History: Created 1996 Ky. Acts ch. 37, sec. 2, effective July 15, 1996.