Complete Defensive Driving Training 100% Online
If you’re looking for a convenient way to satisfy defensive driving requirements in your state, you’ve come to the right place. Our 100% online defensive driving courses can assist with traffic ticket dismissal, point reduction and even car insurance discounts.
What Is Defensive Driving?
Defensive driving is a set of techniques that help drivers develop a more comprehensive awareness of the road. These skills prepare you to anticipate hazardous situations, prevent accidents and confidently adjust your driving habits to accommodate other motorists.
Defensive driving techniques include:
- Communication and signaling
- Managing Speed
- Implementing safety measures
- Vehicle maintenance
- And more
Who Needs Defensive Driving Training?
Defensive driving training is for individuals who need to satisfy driver improvement requirements or who want to learn how to become a more responsible driver. Benefits include reducing points from your license, preventing a license suspension, receiving car insurance discounts and dismissing traffic tickets. Benefits vary by state, and insurance discounts and eligibility vary by provider.
Why You Should Train with SafeMotorist
Benefits of choosing us for defensive driving training may include:
- Reduce points on your driving record. In some states, defensive driving training allows drivers to reduce points on their license and avoid serious penalties like a license suspension. Point reduction typically applies to one violation, but this may vary.
- Car insurance discounts. Some car insurance companies offer discounts when you submit proof of completing defensive driving training. Check with your provider to see if you qualify for a discount.
- Dismissing traffic tickets. Tickets can cause a number of inconveniences, including costly fines and penalty points on your record. In many states, completing a defensive driving course can keep points off your record or even reduce fines.
- Become a safer, more responsible driver. You’ll learn accident-prevention techniques that make you a more skilled and effective driver. Discover how to avoid dangerous situations and stay safe on the road.
- Access a full suite of courses. We offer a wide range of traffic safety courses, with topics including traffic school, insurance reduction, drivers ed, first-time driver and more.
Benefits of Online Training
Our 100% online course allows you to satisfy defensive driving requirements on your own time at your own pace.
Students will benefit from:
- Online, mobile-friendly format
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off anytime without losing your place
While specific course topics will vary from state to state, all SafeMotorist Defensive Driving courses teach vital skills to make you a safer driver. Learn how to predict and avoid accidents and build driving habits to keep you safer on the road.
Topics covered in many of our defensive driving programs include:
- Traffic Safety Problems
- Leading Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Preventing DUI/DWI and Other Hazardous Acts
- Managing Stress, Fatigue and Emotional Distress
- Crash Dynamics
- Safety Belts, Air Bags and Other Safety Equipment
- Crash Prevention
- Scanning Your Surroundings
- Safe Following Distance
- Stopping Distance in Relation to Speed
- Environmental Hazards
- Sharing the Road
- Right of Way
- Passing Vehicles
- Traffic Laws
- Speed Limits
- Signs, Signals and Road Markings
- Emergency Vehicles
- And More!
Select your state at the top or bottom of the page to learn more about the defensive driving program for your state.
Defensive Driving FAQs
Why should I take a defensive driving class?
In addition to becoming a more responsible driver, a defensive driving certificate can be used to dismiss traffic tickets, reduce points on your license or provide insurance discounts. Benefits provided by completing the course can vary by state or jurisdiction, so check with your local court or DMV office for more information.
How long does it take to complete defensive driving training?
Requirements for defensive driving training varies from state to state, and the course length can vary as well. Most SafeMotorist defensive driving courses include at least six hours of education. Select your state at the top or bottom of the page for more information.
What are the course testing requirements?
Defensive driving training typically includes brief quizzes at the end of each course module and a comprehensive final exam. Course testing requirements and minimum passing scores vary by state. Select your state at the top or bottom of the page to learn more about what’s required in your area.
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes. You will receive a certificate of completion after completing the course. Many of our courses provide a certificate immediately upon course completion, but you may also receive it by mail or email depending on your state. You can provide the certificate to the DMV, court or your insurance provider to receive benefits like traffic ticket dismissal, point reduction and insurance discounts.
Why should I take defensive driving online?
Our 100% online defensive driving course allows you to learn safe driving strategies at your own pace using any device. Our user-friendly course layout makes it easy to obtain your certificate and access benefits like ticket dismissal, point reduction, insurance discounts and more. Note that the benefits you qualify for may vary depending on your state.