Drivers With Disabilities
Qualifying Disabilities for Marker Plates or a Parking Permit for People with Severe Disabilities
A qualifying disability is one or more of the following impairments, disabilities, or conditions that affect mobility and are permanent in nature:
- Use of portable oxygen.
- Legal blindness.
- Limited use, or no use, of one or both legs.
- Inability to walk 200 feet without stopping.
- A neuro-muscular dysfunction that severely limits mobility.
- A Class III or IV cardiac condition (American Heart Association standards).
- Severe limitation in the ability to walk due to an arthritic, neurological or orthopedic condition.
- Restriction because of lung disease to such an extent that forced (respiratory) expiratory volume for one second, when measured by spirometry, is less than one liter, or the arterial oxygen tension is less than sixty mm/hg of room air at rest.